Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pathway

This week I concentrated more on trying to do my assignments ahead of time. I posted my discussion questions and I also did research for my team project. I tried to take advantage of free time that I have during the day but I found myself becoming very sleepy between the hours of 1230 and 5. I even tried going to the library. While I was in the library I felt like the walls were closing, I couldn't get comfortable, I was cold, and I could not find a seat next to the window by the sun. After all of that frustration, I decided to just go back to the school and try to get as much work done as I could before the five o'clock class started. Just as I was getting used to my new schedule, one of my coworkers feel and broke her foot. Now it looks like I will go back to working my regular 8 to 5 shift. I have been trying not to get my hopes up because I did that earlier in the week and that dream was snatched from me. The weekend came and I had plans to do my homework, finish my team assignment, and work on quick books and excel. How much of that have I gotten done? Well I just finished my last set of discussion post. I did finish my part of the team assignment on Saturday and I have been waiting on the final revisions from our team so we can post. I did feel myself going into procrastination city saying to myself well If I do not do it tonight I can do it tomorrow but I did not want to put myself into a hole. I spoke to one of my classmates and she needed some encouragement, by encouraging her I also encourage myself to complete some of the task I had assigned myself. I knew going on this journey will be a struggle but I am managing to find balance. I did not count on the schedule change at work but that is a lesson learned. I will take the hits as they come and I will make sure I do not let anything get in the way of me obtaining my doctoral degree. Until next time. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment